86-88 Elan 3

For all general discussion of any kind.

86-88 Elan 3

Postby smalpree » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:22 pm

I remember starting Elan sometime in 86 and finishing either in 87 or 88. I was there for what seemed like forever.

Some people I remember are; DJ Shulz, Scott Hunter, Tom Caisse, Larry Davidov, Rich Sherzer, Will Petite, Joe Branski, I remember watching most of them in the corner a time or two, three or four, etc…

Never landed in the corner myself, but I did get a GM or 3. I don't really remember. I feel more like a survivor than a graduate though.

Man what a crazy place that was. Best thing I did was get out of there and start living a real life. The only phoilosophy I have now is "Living well is the best revenge" and I had to learn that one on my own.

Anyway, life is more than good, I have a wonderful wife, my princess, she is a R.N. and a lawyer who has given me 2 fantastic sons Nico age 2 and Zach who is 7 months old. I have a very enjoyable and promising career in IT Security working for a fortune 100 company that I have almost 12 years with now. Life is just great and I hope the same has been true for everyone else!

http://www.facebook.com/prescott.small?ref=profile
smalpree

Re: 86-88 Elan 3

Postby TennisPro » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 pm

My friend, while I agree totally with your post, the best revenge is shutting down Elan once and for all and making sure no one gets sent there again. Can we really feel at peace knowing that people are in Elan, as we speak, currently feeling the abuse we once felt?

Maybe this will spark your interest:

Here is a comment from a recent article titled Good News: Bad Economy Killing Abusive Teen Programs.
(Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maia-szal ... 62696.html)
I was a student at the Elan School for 3 years from 2005 to 2008. I am still traumatized by what I went through during my time there. Waking up each day the environment was constant screaming and swearing, by students, but more so by the "staff". I remember as a new student, I was crying when I was told to scrub a garbage can as a punishment for something so minor that I can't even remember the cause. I has stopped cleaning it, and that was when the staff determined that I has to be restrained and dragged to "the corner", isolation in a room to the point when one barely feels human. I tried to fight back, as any normal person would do when one is touched and forcefully grabbed without consent. Instead of just bringing me to the corner, the staff had other students hold me up, my hands and feet restrained, as other students were forced to scream and degrade me. I say forced, because regretfully I have also done the same to other students, and I know that if they refused to participate in this abominable event they too would have been punished. The only way to survive in this setting was to shut down emotionally. This memory haunts me to current day.

This school needs to be shut down, and I am happy if that day is coming near. Even if Elan survives the recession, it should still be closed. However, this could prove to be exceedingly difficult, because the students in the school are pressured not even to think a bad thought about the program, let alone utter it, and will receive punishment if they fail to oblige that rule. I know that while I was at the school investigations were conducted, and students were pressured into lying. Furthermore, a survey was also done, which now appears on the school's website, some questions asking about if we felt comfortable at the school. It was said to be anonymous, but again we felt pressured into lying, staff was supervising, and each of our handwriting could be easily identified.

I hope someone reacts to the atrocity that is the Elan School.

I can be reached at jeff.wimbelton@gmail.com
TennisPro

Re: 86-88 Elan 3

Postby Djschultz » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:37 am

Hello Scott small this is dj schultz them were some of the worst days of my life but it has made me who I am today.i to this day wish I would meet Jeff fucking gottlieb in a dark alley and give him a taste of what he created- any way I’m very happy for you my friend the bond we have can never be broken.im living in Utah and am getting by.i have a wonderful woman and am living my life day to day and glad I’m not a number.this is the first time in my life I’m not locked up .its been two years now if it weren’t for my girl showing me how to feel and be a gentle and kind person again.wou can reach me at+13852983746 or email 2djschultzsonly@gmail.com
Djschultz

Return to General Discussions