Elan closing down 4/1/2011

For all general discussion of any kind.

Re: Elan closing down 4/1/2011

Postby willow adams » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:19 pm

thank god it's the end. i have never posted here, but was a resident of elan in the 70s. i was beaten, humiliated, deprived of sleep, just to name a fraction of what i went through. i'm not filled with bitterness, since that would mean i was still living in darkness. i'm not going to trash people. but i will say that when i finally talked to marty kruglik, he didn't remember me. i guess when you're used to abusing others, you lose track over time. and for the record, ken zaretzky told me repeatedly 'you didn't belong there. we didn't know what to do with you. but, your mom wanted you there."
willow adams

Re: Elan closing down 4/1/2011

Postby willow adams » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:47 pm

also, my father was told, probably by marc rosenberg, that there was nothing that could be done with me, i wouldn't give in etc... actually the part i remember most clearly is the statement that " we can't break her spirit." marc was never mean or abusive with me, and i always thought he was a pretty decent guy. for me, one of the few.
i remem
ber giving a tour of a facility right before i left. i had the good sense to warn the people off. i also told them that i was leaving soon, and that if they told anyone what i said, it could be disastrous for me.
the day i turned 18, marty kruglik had me pulled in a room and told i wasn't going anywhere. so there i stayed until elan was good and done trying to break me and taking tuition from my parents.
and back to marty not remembering me, it seems to be a common theme. i have heard other staff or whatever they are called claim not to remember people who clearly had traumatic experiences. i have also heard a lot of trashing on other web sites. i won't do that, but i will say that people who adopted the lingo of the hell they refer to as " the program" and use it to this day..... huh, i don't get it. i actually do understand, but i don't at the same time. yet we all hold on to it in our own way.
my nightmares ended with my fathers death 5 years ago. but still... all those years i spent with the post traumatic stress disorder,anxiety, and blah, blah, blah.
i am glad there is a place to vent. it makes it easier to deal with.
willow adams

Previous

Return to General Discussions