At Elan 4 from 1979 to 1981.

Find old friends. Make new ones.

At Elan 4 from 1979 to 1981.

Postby KMurray79 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi, my name is Keith Murray and I am from New York but ended up in Maine from that state of Vermont. I was a ward of the state, and was incarcerated for a large portion of my life. So, I ended up in the State House as #4 was often referred to. I never knew what happened to Elan, we all shared a very common bond of survival and I have to admit, I learned a lot from it and it has been a part of my life for the last 38 years. I was 15 when I went to Elan, I was a skinny, pimply kid with glasses and had no social skills, I don't have the pimples any more and I have some social skills and I actually lead a pretty normal life even after all the hell I put myself through. I left Elan4 in Aprilish of 1981 and they transferred me to a mental hospital in Boston Mass., then I was shipped back to Vermont to be incarcerated till the summer where I then went to prison in New York till 1987, then I was paroled. When I was paroled, I never looked back at the steel gate and I have been moving forward and living a good life of being free ever since then. I knew I couldn't do a lot of things in life, so I choose to work hard and remain positive and just take the good, and toss the negative aside. I have never been in trouble again, I learned that if you wanted to be free, you have to break that cycle your in and just do it. It was tough. Very tough. But, I had no other choice. If you remember me and what to reconnect, that would be awesome.
KMurray79

Return to Find People